среда, 29 февраля 2012 г.

NSW: Sixteen students in hospital after school collapse


AAP General News (Australia)
04-27-2010
NSW: Sixteen students in hospital after school collapse

SYDNEY, April 27 AAP - Sixteen private schoolboys are in a stable condition in hospital
after a walkway at their school collapsed, leaving some students buried beneath lockers.

The Year Seven boys from Newington College at Stanmore, in Sydney's inner west, were
standing on the recently-constructed timber walkway between classrooms about 8.30am (AEST)
Tuesday when the incident occurred.

A NSW Ambulance spokesman said the group, aged 12 to 13 years, had been at the lockers
ahead of their first class of the day and fell about 1.5 metres.

Lockers landed on top of some of the students.

The boys were treated for a range of minor injuries, including cuts and bruises, with
some suffering suspected fractures and spinal injuries.

"Parents of the boys affected are being contacted now," Newington Principal David Mulford
said in a statement posted on the school's website.

He said there would be an investigation into why the walkway collapsed.

Police are on scene and will aid with the investigation.

The injured students were taken to RPA, St George and Sydney Children's hospitals.

AAP ad/klm/tr

KEYWORD: WALKWAY UPDATE

2010 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP) or its Licensors.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий